Are your teeth crooked but you don’t want to get traditional metal braces? Invisalign may be the solution for you! Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment using clear tray aligners. The trays are custom-made for your teeth and are switched out every 2 weeks to slowly move your teeth into the correct position.
What are the benefits of clear aligners?
Clear aligners and traditional braces share one significant benefit which is straighter teeth! When teeth are straight, they harbor less bacteria because they are easier to properly clean. This helps prevent a host of other dental problems such as periodontal disease, and tooth decay. There is also a decreased risk of chipping, breaking or wearing away the teeth. Some benefits over traditional braces to consider are:
1. Aesthetics – many adults want to avoid the look of metal in their mouths, and invisalign is a great aesthetically pleasing alternative.
2. Removable – removable aligners allow you to enjoy the foods that you want to, practice good oral hygiene, and are more comfortable
3. Comfort – unlike traditional metal and wire braces which can rub on your cheeks and cause discomfort, Invisalign aligners are made of a smooth plastic that feels more like your natural teeth, protecting your cheeks!
4. Fewer orthodontic visits – you will be given many aligners at once so unlike traditional braces which usually have six week visits, you’ll only need to come in periodically saving you time and money
5. No repairs required – unlike brackets and wires which can break off, aligners are not as easily damaged and can be replaced with the next aligner in the set if necessary
6. Easier teeth cleaning – with traditional braces, brushing effectively and removing food and plaque from around brackets is very difficult. However, with aligners, you can just remove the aligner to brush!
If you are interested in Invisalign, talk to Dr. Shah to see if it is the best orthodontic treatment for you!
Information sourced from https://www.colgate.com/en-us/oral-health/adult-orthodontics/what-do-invisalign-braces-cost-are-they-worth-it#